Searching for affordable auto insurance can be a hassle. To save you time, our Geeks crunched the numbers to find the cheapest car insurance companies in Aberdeen, South Dakota.
Cheapest Car Insurance Companies in Aberdeen
|Cheapest Insurer||Driver Category|
|Liberty Mutual||Safe Drivers|
|USAA||Drivers in the Military|
|Esurance||Drivers Who Pay Their Premiums Upfront|
|State Farm||Drivers with a DUI|
FAQs About Cheap Car Insurance in Aberdeen
What Are the Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in Aberdeen?
South Dakota laws require motorists in the state to purchase auto insurance meeting the minimum coverage limits listed here:
• $50,000 per crash for Bodily Injury;
• $25,000 per individual for Bodily Injury;
• $25,000 for Property Damage;
• $50,000 per collision for Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury coverage; and
• $25,000 per person for Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury protection.
What Are the Penalties for Driving Without Auto Insurance in Aberdeen?
If you’re thinking of ditching your insurance policy to save money, think again. Law enforcement officers in Aberdeen are on the hunt for errant drivers violating the state’s mandatory insurance laws. If you’re caught driving without insurance – or your vehicle is flagged as uninsured by the state’s vast electronic database – you will not be treated leniently. Penalties can include fines of up to $5,000, SR-22 maintenance requirements for up to 3 years, license and registration suspension, and up to a month of prison time.
How Can I Reduce My Auto Insurance Rates in Aberdeen?
A car insurance policy can be costly depending on your accident history, car’s make and model, and other personal factors. However, those sky-high premiums aren’t set in stone. Insurers value safe drivers and these five simple steps will help you prove you’re worth a discount:
1. Always follow state traffic laws and avoid committing traffic violations;
2. Reduce your annual mileage;
3. Research and purchase a car that is cheaper to insure;
4. Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and
5. Avoid causing or being involved in collisions for a few years.
If your provider does no offer any discounts for taking these steps, you should consider switching to a different provider. Many insurers offer discounted premiums to drivers transferring their policies over from another auto insurance company.